Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Rainy raises blisters & funds for breast cancer

This blog is dedicated to a well recognized art form i.e. the women of the world. Much of the art of this world dating back to the feminine images of Mary and Child from the middle ages celebrate both womanhood and motherhood. It is one of the common themes even in less obvious paintings such as Degas ballet dancers.

Last weekend my wife celebrated her womanhood by walking over sixty (60) miles for the Susan G. Komen breast cancer fund among others. Each of the over 4000 ladies that walked had to raise a minimum of $2200 to participate. Can you imagine that a small crowd of 4000 woman and an even smaller crowd of some 200 survivors raised Eight point two million dollars to find cures for this form of cancer.

I was especially proud of my beloved because she did all of the fund raising on her own. I was only peripherally involved ( I drove her to and from the event). My wife is a survivor and I hope that she takes the opportunity to do the walk again next year. It goes under the heading of breast cancer three day and they hold them all over the country. I believe the total raised by this organization over the last nine or ten years is $300 million. Perhaps they should be in charge of congress as they seem to do an excellent job of managing budgets.

At any rate, this blog is hats off to all the women who walked of which my wife was one. I think this was a great cause and a great way for her to spend her weekend. Ladies, my heartfelt congratulations on your success.

Phil

No comments: